- What it's about: In the children's classic, a young girl, Sophie, befriends the titular big friendly giant.
- Who's starring: Bill Hader is playing the Giant, and Steven Spielberg will direct the live-action adaptation.
- Release date: July 1
3. The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman
- What it's about: A lighthouse keeper and his wife discover a baby and a dead body near their home off the coast of Australia after WWI.
- Who's starring: Michael Fassbender will star, alongside Alicia Vikander as his wife.
- Release date: Sept. 2\
4. Nerve by Jeanne Ryan
- What it's about: In this YA novel, a high-school senior gets caught up in a creepy online game of truth or dare.
- Who's starring: Emma Roberts and Dave Franco are starring.
- Release date: Sept. 16
5. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- What it's about: In this mystery, a woman thinks she may know something about a crime involving a couple she sees on her train commute every day.
- Who's starring: Emily Blunt is starring and The Help's Tate Taylor is directing.
- Release date: Oct. 7.
6. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- What it's about: A young boy deals with bullying and his mother's illness by inventing a fantasy world filled with monsters and other creatures.
- Who's starring: Felicity Jones will play Mum, with Liam Neeson and Sigourney Weaver costarring.
- Release date: Oct. 14
7. Inferno by Dan Brown
- What it's about: The Da Vinci Code series continues with Robert Langdon's latest adventure as he tries to stop another international scheme by following clues in Dante's The Divine Comedy.
- Who's starring: Tom Hanks will reprise his role as Langdon, and Felicity Jones will costar as Sienna Brooks. Ben Foster will play the villain.
- Release date: Oct. 14
8. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling
- What it's about: Rowling revisits the Harry Potter universe in this book about Newt Scamander, who "wrote" the textbook that Potter and his classmates would study.
- Who's starring: Eddie Redmayne will star in the film trilogy; see who else has been cast. David Yates has signed on to direct.
- Release date: Nov. 18
9. Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- What it's about: In this YA novel, a teenager named Jacob explores the ruins of a strange house on an island near Wales, UK.
- Who's starring: Eva Green and Asa Butterfield will star, with Tim Burton directing.
- Release date: Dec. 25
10. Looking For Alaska by John Green
- What it's about: A cerebral teen falls for a girl, the titular Alaska, in the first novel from The Fault in Our Stars author John Green.
- Who's starring: There's no cast yet, but the screenplay will be adapted by the same team who did The Fault in Our Stars.
- Release date: TBD
11. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
- What it's about: Sixteen-year-old Cassie Sullivan struggles to survive in a world devastated by an alien invasion.
- Who's starring: Chloë Grace Moretz will star as Cassie, costarring with Liev Schreiber and It Follows breakout star Maika Monroe.
- Release date: Jan. 15, 2017